Thomson Industries’ Electrak XD actuator is designed to handle loads up to 5000 lb, depending on configuration, for a combined power output of more than 450 W. It can also achieve operating speeds up to 3 in/sec and duty cycles up to 100%.
This content was written and submitted by the supplier. It has only been modified to comply with this publication’s space and style. Motorized Actuator
Thomson’s Electrak XD linear actuator offers a high-power, zero-maintenance alternative that is simpler, cleaner and more controllable than hydraulic alternatives. In addition to the capabilities mentioned above, the new actuator features or has options for:
• Shock dampening to protect electromechanical components from impacts common on warehouse and factory floors as well as other mobile applications in which hydraulics are traditionally used.
• Manual brake release and override, which enable backdrive under load and can be valuable for machine maintenance or situations where emergency lowering is required or beneficial.
• Up to 1200 mm of stroke, which is 20% more than comparably priced hydraulic cylinder options.
• Regen capability, which reduces energy consumption in battery-powered, industrial applications by enabling motor torque to charge the battery. Regen also extends the time between charges, allowing more movements from a single charge.
• Brushless motor technology, which enables high duty cycle by virtually eliminating wear on motor components. Brushless technology also contributes to the Electrak XD’s high controllability.
• Complementing these performance benefits is onboard intelligence that enables ease of use and programmability far greater than hydraulic systems can provide. The electronics also enable control and diagnostics through real-time position feedback, force feedback and control, and programmable end-of-stroke limits. Designers can implement applications over a CANopen® or SAE J1939 CAN bus network, which, among other things, simplifies synchronization of multiple actuators.
Linear Actuator With Servo Motor • Electrak XD linear actuators are available immediately as a compact, fully integrated unit, including the motor, drive, IP-rated housing, control architecture, diagnostic features and more. The end result is a plug and play actuator that saves the designer money and time.